REA Construction has and always will be a family run company, and we take pride in our ability to provide a safe and comfortable work environment on and off the construction site for all of our employees. Our family and business has grown exponentially over the years and we are looking to continue expanding our diverse team of professionals with new, highly qualified candidates.
JOB OPENING: CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
JOB TYPE: Full Time
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a reliable Construction Project Manager to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects.
As our Construction Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion, including coordinating and directing construction workers and subcontractors, selecting tools, materials, and equipment, tracking inventory, and ensuring quality construction standards. You will also review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs, prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status, and plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- 5+ years of experience
- Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field
- Previous experience within the healthcare construction industry is a critical asset
- Previous experience executing CCDC5B & CCDC2 contracts
- Previous experience project managing commercial phased project
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
module Advanced settings.
JOB OPENING: CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant that will support our entire head office by developing and maintaining relationships with our clients and vendors and performing administrative duties for our management team. As an Administrative Assistant at REA Construction, we will foster your career growth and provide opportunities to develop your skills in communication, administration, accounting, human resources, and more.
- Developing and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships.
- Creating, editing, and filing documents and reports for office staff and management.
- Assisting with planning meetings and events, including collecting and distributing information, coordinating with vendors, and placing reservations.
- Distributing company-wide emails and announcements as requested by REA management
- Ordering office supplies and managing daily mail and courier distribution
- Answering telephone calls, taking messages, and coordinating call-backs with our employees if required.
- Receiving faxes and emails related to project quotes and distributing to the Estimating team during tender closings
- Greeting visitors, assisting them with their questions or inquiries, and connecting them with our employees.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of the office, staff, and management.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in Office Administration or Human Resources considered an asset.
- 1 year of experience in an Administrative or Human Resources role.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to create, edit, and format documents using Microsoft Office and Adobe tools (primarily Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Ability to multitask, adapt, and remain calm within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively receive and distribute transmissions while under pressure of hard deadlines.
- Ability to manage and distribute confidential information in a discrete and professional manner.If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply through this Indeed posting.
- Accounting background
Read what our clients say about us
– University Health Network
– Princess Margaret Hospital
– Mount Sinai Hospital
– Mount Sinai Hospital Project
– Toronto Western Hospital
– The Dorothy Ley Hospice